Mitt Romney Facts!
Here are Some Interesting Facts About Mitt Romney
· His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney
· He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is (therefore) 65 years old.
· His Father: George W. Romney was a Governor of the State of Michigan
· He was Raised in: Bloomfield Hills , Michigan
· He is Married to: Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children
· Education: B.A. from Brigham Young University , J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
· Religion: Mormon – The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
· After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
· After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
· In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States . As a venture-capitalist, Romney’s first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.
· In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Teddy Kopechne Kennedy.
· He was President and C.E.O. of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
· In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts , where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
Some More Interesting Facts about Romney:
· Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts , turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
· Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino’s, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot and many others.
· He was an unpaid volunteer Mormon missionary in Paris for over 2 years.
· He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad’s gubernatorial campaign – 1 year.
· He was an unpaid intern in his dad’s governor’s office for eight years.
· He was an unpaid bishop and president of his church for ten years.
· He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
· He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
· He gave his entire inheritance (from his father) to charity.
That’s a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that’s the kind of man Mitt Romney is!
· Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest, self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most wealthy people.